May 15-17, 2017 – Toronto, Canada
The 3-Day Microfluidic Professional Course will provide participants from industry, government laboratories and academia with a state-of-the art overview and hands-on-training of current and emerging microfluidic and lab-on-a-chip technologies. The course will be taught by international leaders from academia and industry. No prior microfluidics knowledge is required. Lecture modules will discuss microfluidic device fabrication, fluid handling, imaging in microfluidic channels, 2D and 3D formats for perfusion culture of cells, micro tissues and organs, micro physiological systems, microfluidic 3D bioprinting, and microfluidic synthesis. Hands-on laboratory modules focus on microfluidic device design, cleanroom fabrication (soft lithography, hot embossing, micro-milling) and testing.
Email email@example.com for more information. Registration below.
Registration and Fees:
The Centre for Microfluidic Systems in Chemistry and Biology has organized lectures from top microfluidic researchers including:
- Axel Guenther (University of Toronto)
- Stephen Leonard (Hill & Schumacher)
- Eric Dille (University of Toronto)
- David Sinton (University of Toronto)
- Scott Tsai (Ryerson University)
- Edmond Young (University of Toronto)
- Milica Radisic (University of Toronto)
- Pouya Rezai (York University)
- Markus Ebster (z-microsystems ®)
The course will be taught at the University of Toronto Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 5 King’s College Road, Toronto, ON.