The 3-Day Microfluidics Professional Course will provide participants from industry, government laboratories and academia with a state-of-the art overview and hands-on-training of current and emerging microfluidic and lab-on-a-chip technologies. The course will be taught by international leaders from academia and industry. No prior microfluidics knowledge is required. Lecture modules will discuss microfluidic device fabrication, fluid handling, imaging in microfluidic channels, 2D and 3D formats for perfusion culture of cells, micro tissues and organs, micro physiological systems, microfluidic 3D bioprinting, and microfluidic synthesis. Hands-on laboratory modules focus on microfluidic device design, cleanroom fabrication (soft lithography, hot embossing, micro-milling) and testing.
- Thermal Embossing/Bonding
- Bio-Analytical Micro-Nano Devices
- Additive manufacturing
- Fluid dynamics
- Simulation software
- Intellectual Property
- Microfluidics applications
- Teodor Veres (National Research Council)
- Axel Guenther (University of Toronto)
- Milica Radisic (University of Toronto)
- Edmond Young (University of Toronto)
- Scott Tsai (Ryerson University)
- Steve Leonard (Hill & Schumacher)
- Eric Diller (University of Toronto)
- Pouya Rezai (York University)
- & more!
Registration and Fees: (2018 registration)
Academics: $700 (click HERE to register)
Industry: $1700 (click HERE to register)
Email email@example.com for more information and any questions you may have.
The course will be taught at the University of Toronto Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, 5 King’s College Road, Toronto, ON.