The following publications used our facilities:
- R. Nosrati, P. J. Graham, Q. Liu, and D. Sinton, “Predominance of sperm motion in corners,” Scientific Reports, 6, 26669 (2016).
- L. Eamer*, M. Vollmer*, R. Nosrati*, M. C. San Gabriel, K. Zeidan, A. Zini, and D. Sinton, “Turning the corner in fertility: high DNA integrity of boundary-following sperm,” Lab on a Chip, 16, 2418-2422 (2016).
- Daniel Konstantinou, Ashkan Shirazi, Amir Sadri, Edmond W.K. Young, “Combined hot embossing and milling for medium volume production of thermoplastic microfluidic devices,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical Volume 234(29), 209–221 (2016).
- Thomas A. Moore and Edmond W. K. Young, “Single cell functional analysis of multiple myeloma cell populations correlates with diffusion profiles in static microfluidic coculture systems,” Biomicrofluidics, 10, 044105 (2016).
- Vahid Raeesi and Warren C. W. Chan, “Improving nanoparticle diffusion through tumor collagen matrix by photo-thermal gold nanorods,” Nanoscale, 8, 12524-12530 (2016).
- Alexandra Lisovskya, David K.Y. Zhanga, Michael V. Sefton, “Effect of methacrylic acid beads on the sonic hedgehog signaling pathway and macrophage polarization in a subcutaneous injection mouse model,” Biomaterials, 98, 203–214 (2016).
- Brian Nguyen, Percival J. Graham, and David Sinton, “Dual gradients of light intensity and nutrient concentration for full-factorial mapping of photosynthetic productivity,” Lab on a Chip, 16, 2785-2790 (2016).
- Cho, Y. Li, M. Seo, E. Kumacheva, “Nanofibrillar stimulus-responsive cholestric microgels with catalytic properties,” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. (accepted)
- N. Silva, Z. Atto, R. Regeenes, U. Tufa, Y.Y. Chen, W.C.W. Chan, A. Volchuk, D.M. Kilkenny, and J.V. Rocheleau, “Highly Efficient Adenoviral Transduction on a Chip (HEAT-on-a-Chip) Reveals Heterogeneity in Islet Beta-cell ER Redox Potential,” Lab on a Chip, 16(15), 2921-2934 (2016).
- Shrey Sindhwani, Abdullah Muhammad Syed, Stefan Wilhelm, Dylan R. Glancy, Yih Yang Chen, Michael Dobosz, and Warren C. W. Chan, “Three-Dimensional Optical Mapping of Nanoparticle Distribution in Intact Tissues,” ACS Nano, 10 (5), 5468–5478 (2016).
- Yihe Wang, Yunfeng Li, Héloïse Thérien-Aubin, Jennifer Ma, Peter W. Zandstra and Eugenia Kumacheva, “Two-dimensional arrays of cell-laden polymer hydrogel modules,” Biomicrofluidics 10, 014110 (2016).
- Ali Madani, Ridha Ben Mrad, and Anthony N Sinclair, “Characterization of RF sputtered thin film potassium sodium niobate (KNN) with silicon and nickel electrodes,” Microsystem Technologies, 1-6 (2016).
- Haijiao Liu, Jenna Usprech, Yu Sun, and Craig A. Simmons, “A microfabricated platform with hydrogel arrays for 3D mechanical stimulation of cells,” Acta Biomaterialia, 34, 113–124 (2016).
- Davenport Huyer, B. Zhang, M. Montgomery, A. Korolj, S. Drecun, G. Conant, Y. Zhao, L. Reis, M. Radisic, “Highly elastic and moldable polyester biomaterial for tissue engineering applications,” ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering, 2 (5), 780-788 (2016).
- R. Nosrati, A. Driouchi, C. M. Yip, and D. Sinton, “Two-dimensional slither swimming of sperm within a micrometre of a surface,” Nature Communications, 6, 8703 (2015).
- L. Eamer*, R. Nosrati*, M. Vollmer, A. Zini, and D. Sinton, ‘Microfluidic assessment of swimming media for motility-based sperm selection,” Biomicrofluidics, 9, 044113 (2015).
- Ali Oskooei and Axel Günther, “Bubble pump: scalable strategy for in-plane liquid routing,” Lab on a Chip, 15, 2842-2853 (2015).
- Sanjesh Yasotharan, Sascha Pinto, John G. Sled, Steffen-Sebastian Bolz, and Axel Günther, “Artery-on-a-chip platform for automated, multimodal assessment of cerebral blood vessel structure and function,” Lab on a Chip, 15, 2660-2669 (2015).
- Alwin M. D. Wan, Amir Sadri, and Edmond W. K. Young, “Liquid phase solvent bonding of plastic microfluidic devices assisted by retention grooves,” Lab on a Chip, 2015, 15, 3785-3792 (2015).
- Percival J. Graham, Jason Riordon, and David Sinton, “Microalgae on display: a microfluidic pixel-based irradiance assay for photosynthetic growth,” Lab on a Chip, 2015,15, 3116-3124 (2015).
- Chao Wei, Beiyuan Fan, Deyong Chen, Chao Liu, Yuanchen Wei,Bo Huo, Lidan You, Junbo Wang, and Jian Chen, “Osteocyte Culture in Microfluidic Devices,” Biomicrofluidics 9, 014109 (2015).
- Darren A. Sherrell, Andrew J. Foster, Lee Hudson, Brian Nutter, James O’Hea, Silke Nelson, Olivier Paré-Labrosse, Saeed Oghbaey, R. J. Dwayne Miller and Robin L. Owen, “A modular and compact portable mini-endstation for high-precision, high-speed fixed target serial crystallography at FEL and synchrotron sources”, J. Synchronton Rad., 22, 6, (2015).
- R. Sutherland, S. Hoogland, M. M. Adachi, P. Kanjanaboos, C. T. O. Wong, J. J. McDowell, J. Xu, O. Voznyy, Z. Ning, A. J. Houtepen, and E. H. Sargent, “Perovskite Thin Films via Atomic Layer Deposition,” Adv. Mater., 27, 53-58 (2015).
- Fan, P. Kanjanaboos, M. Saravanapavanantham, E. Beauregard, G. Ingram, E. Yassitepe, M. M. Adachi, O. Voznyy, A. K. Johnston, G. Walters, G. Kim, Z. Lu, and E. H. Sargent, “Colloidal CdSe1–xSx Nanoplatelets with Narrow and Continuously-Tunable Electroluminescence,” Nano Lett., 15 (7), 4611–4615 (2015).
- R. Nosrati, M. Vollmer, L. Eamer, M. C. San Gabriel, K. Zeidan, A. Zini, and D. Sinton, “Rapid selection of sperm with high DNA integrity,” Lab on a Chip 14, 1142-1150 (2014).
- I. J. Kramer, J. C. Minor, G. Moreno-Bautista, L. Rollny, P. Kanjanaboos, D. Kopilovic, S. M. Thon, G. H. Carey, K. W. Chou, D. Zhitomirsky, A. Amassian, and E. H. Sargent, “Efficient Spray-Coated Colloidal Quantum Dot Solar Cells,” Advanced Materials, 27(1), 116–121 (2014).
- Yali Gao,Albert W. Y. Lam, and Warren C. W. Chan, “Automating Quantum Dot Barcode Assays Using Microfluidics and Magnetism for the Development of a Point-of-Care Device,” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 5 (8), 2853–2860 (2013).
- Ali Oskooei,Milad Abolhasani, and Axel Günther, “Bubble gate for in-plane flow control,” Lab on a Chip, 13, 2519-2527 (2013).
- N. Silva, B.G. Green, S.M Altamentova, and J.V. Rocheleau, “Pancreatic islet-on-a-chip: a microfluidic design to induce media flow throughout the tissue while limiting shear-induced damage to the periphery,” Lab on a Chip, 13(22), 4374-4384 (2013).
- Fuerth and A. Bazylak, “Up-scaled microfluidic fuel cells with porous flow-through electrodes,” ASM Jourmal of Fluids Engineering on Microfluidics, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 135(2), 021102 (2013).
- Kim, A. Sell, and D. Sinton, “Aquifer-on-a-Chip: Understanding pore-scale salt precipitation dynamics during CO2 sequestration,” Lab on a Chip, 13, 2508 (2013).
- Nguyen, H. Fadaei, and D. Sinton, “Microfluidics Underground: A Micro-Core Method for Pore Scale Analysis of Supercritical CO2 Reactive Transport in Saline Aquifers,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, 135(2), 021203 (2013).
- Martin, A. Sofla, B. Zhang, S. S. Nunes, and M. Radisic, “Fusible core molding for the fabrication of branched, perfusable, three-dimensional microvessels for vascular tissue engineering,” International Journal of Artificial Organs, 3(36), 159 (2013).
- Chih-Wei Wang, David Sinton, and Matthew G. Moffitt, “Morphological Control via Chemical and Shear Forces in Block Copolymer Self-Assembly in the Lab-on-Chip,” ACS Nano, 7(2), 1424 (2013).
- Carlos Escobedo, Yu-Wei Chou, Mohammad Rahman, Xiaobo Duan, Reuven Gordon, David Sinton, Alexandre G. Brolo, and Jacqueline Ferreira, “Quantification of ovarian cancer markers with integrated microfluidic concentration gradient and imaging nanohole surface plasmon resonance,” Analyst, 138, 1450 (2013).
- Bo Bao, Luis Melo, Benjamin Davies, Hossein Fadaei, David Sinton, and Peter Wild, “Detecting Supercritical CO2 in Brine at Sequestration Pressure with an Optical Fiber Sensor,” Environmental Science and Technology, 47(1), 306 (2013).
- Andrew Sell, Hossein Fadaei, Myeongsub Kim, and David Sinton, “Measurement of CO2 Diffusivity for Carbon Sequestration: A Microfluidic Approach for Reservoir-Specific Analysis,” Environmental Science and Technology, 47(1), 71 (2013).
- Matthew D. Ooms, Lauren Bajin, and David Sinton, “Culturing phtosynthetic bacteria through surface plasmon resonance,” Applied Physics Letters, 101, 253701 (2012).
- Mark Y. Sun, Eunjong Yoo , Brenda J. Green, Svetlana M. Altamentova , Dawn M. Kilkenny, and Jonathan V. Rocheleau, “Imaging of Living Pancreatic Islets Reveals Fibroblast Growth Factor-21 ( FGF21)-Induced Metabolism,” Biophysical Journal, 103(11), 2379 (2012).
- Loraine L. Y. Chiu, Miles Montgomery, Yan Liang, Haijiao Liu, and Melica Radisic, “Perfusable branching microvessel bed for vascularization of engineered tissues,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 109(50), E3414 (2012).
- Chih-Wei Wang, Aman Bains, David Sinton, and Matthew G. Moffitt, “Flow-Directed Assembly of Block Coploymer Vesicles in the Lan-on-a-Chip,” Langmuir, 28(45), 15756 (2012).
- Max M. Gong, Brendan D. MacDonald, Trung Vu Nguyen, and David Sinton, “Hand-powered microfluidics: A membrane pump with a patient-to-chip syringe interface,” Biomicrofluidics, 6, 044102 (2012).
- Thomas W. de Haas, Hossein Fadaei, and David Sinton, “Laminated thin-film Teflon chips for petrochemical applications,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 4236 (2012).
- Al-Haque, J. W. Miklas, N. Feric, L. L. Chiu, W. L. Chen, C. A. Simmons, and M. Radisic, “Hydrogel substrate stiffness and topography interact to induce contact guidance in cardiac fibroblasts,” Macromolecular Bioscience, 12(10), 1342 (2012).
- Milad Abolhasani , Mayank Singh , Eugenia Kumacheva, and Axel Guenther, “Cruise control for segmented flow,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 4787 (2012).
- Erica Eunjung Jung, Michael Kalontarov, Devin F. R. Doud, Matthew D. Ooms, Largus T. Angenent, David Sinton, and David Erickson, “Slab waveguide photobiorectors for microalgae based biofuel production,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 3740 (2012).
- Lian Leng , Arianna McAllister,Boyang Zhang, MilicaRadisic, and Axel Guenther, “Mosaic Hydrogels : One-Step Formation of Multiscale Soft Materials,” Advanced Materials, 24, 3650 (2012).
- Alan K. Lam, Pamuditha N. Silva, Svetlana M. Altamentova, and Jonathan V. Rocheleau, “Quantitative imaging of electron transfer flavoprotein autofluorescence reveals the dynamics of lipid partitioning in living pancreatic islets,” Integrated Biology, 4, 838 (2012).
- Zhang, J. V. Green, S. K. Murthy, and M. Radisic, “Label-free enrichment of functional cardiomyocytes using microfluidic deterministic lateral flow displacement,” PLoS ONE, 7(5), E37619, (2012).
- Aaron Y. K. Ming, Eunjong Yoo , Eugene N. Vorontsov , Svetlana M. Altamentova , Dawn M. Kilkenny, and Jonathan V. Rocheleau, “Dynamics and Distribution of Klotho-beta ( KLB ) and Fribroblast Growth Factor Receptor-1 ( FGFR1 ) in Living Cells Reveal the Fibroblast Growth Factor-21 ( FGF21 )-induced Receptor Complex,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 287(24), 19997 (2012).
- L. Chiu, K. Janic, and M. Radisic, “Engineerging of oriented myocardium on three-dimensional micropatterned collagen-chitosan hydrogel,” The International Journal of Artificial Organs, 35(4), 237 (2012).
- Meikun Fan, Penghui Wang, Carlos Escobedo, David Sinton, and Alexandre G. Brolo, “Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) optrodes for multiplexed on-chip sensing on nile blue A and oxazine 720,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 1554 (2012).
- Carlos Escobedo, Alexandre G. Brolo, Reuven Gordon, and David Sinton,, “Optofluidic Concentration: Plasmonic Nanostructure as Concentrator and Sensor,” Nano Letters, 12(3), 1592 (2012).
- Matthew D. Ooms, Vincent J. Sieben, Scott C. Pierobon, Erica E. Jung, Michael Kalontarov, David Erickson, and David Sinton, “Evanescent photosynthesis: excited cyanobacteria in a surface-confined light field,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 14, 4817 (2012).
- Milad Abolhasani , Mayank Singh , Eugenia Kumacheva, and Axel Guenther, “Automated microfluidic platform for studies of carbon dioxide dissolution and solubility in physical solvents,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 1611 (2012).
- Conrad Lochovsky ,Sanjesh Yasotharan, and Axel Guenther, “Bubbles no more: in-plane trapping and removal of bubbles in microfluidic devices,” Lab on a Chip, 12, 595 (2012).
- Akbari, M. Bahrami, and D. Sinton, “Optothermal sample preconcentration and munipulation with temperature gradient focusing,” Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 12, 211 (2012).
- Krishana S. Sankar , Brenda J. Green, Alana R. Crocker, Jocelyne E. Verity, Svetlana M. Altamentova,and Jonathan V. Rocheleau, “Culturing pancreatic islets in microfluidic flow enhances morphology of the associated endothelial cells,” PLoS ONE, 6(9), E24904 (2011).
- Axel Guenther ,SanjeshYasotharan , Andrei Vagaon , Conrad Lochovsky , Sascha Pinto ,Jingli Yang , Calvin Lau ,JuliaVoigtlaender-Bolz and Steffen-Sebastian Bolz, “A microfluidic platform for probing small artery structure and function,” Lab on a Chip, 10, 2341 (2010).
- Katherine Chiang, Mohammad Fahad Chowdhury, Rohin K. Iyer, William L. Stanford, and Milica Radisic, “Engineering surfaces for site-specific vacular differtiation of mouse embryonic stem cells,” Acta Biomaterialia, 6(6), 1904 (2010).